World Water Day,2021
Celebration of World Water Day 2021 – Valuing Water
World Water Day is observed on March 22 every year. It seeks to focus attention on the global water crisis. People and organizations mark World Water Day every year by taking action to tackle the water crisis in different ways. Water is one of the necessities for every living being on this planet.
Water is the natural resource and the main constituent of Earth. It is widely used for both domestic and industrial uses such as drinking, washing, cooking, etc. Earth is also known as a blue planet because of the vastness of water presence. There are various sources of water such as wells, rivers, lakes, oceans, big dams, and streams but only 1-2 % water is suitable for human use.
World Water Day 2021 theme:
World Water Day will focus on the theme, Valuing Water this year. This target will extend beyond concerns of cost to include the environmental and socio-cultural value placed on water resources. World Water Day 2021, is about what water means to people, it’s value and how we can protect this essential life resource.
World Water Day 2021 celebration:
‘When the well is dry, we learn the worth of water.’ -Benjamin Franklin
You can celebrate World Water Day by practising ways to conserve water in your daily routine. Here are some important and easy ways for the conservation of water
- Keeping the tap closed when not in use and don’t ignore any water leaks
- Use the collected rainwater for different purposes as required.
- Do not run more water than necessary while doing daily chores.
- Do not prolong your bathing, have a quick shower.
- Practise rainwater harvesting.
Events are held during World Water Day, 2021.
- Educational and informative events on the importance of clean water and protecting water resources.
- Campaigns on rainwater harvesting methods.
- A trip to local rivers, lakes and reservoirs.