Capacity Building Program on Climate Change, Haryana
In state of Haryana, the Department of Environment has been assigned the climate change issues and has established separate cell (Climate change cell) for climate change to address climate change and related issues. Broadly the, Climate change cell will enhance the state capacities through:
- Setting up institutional mechanism
- Identification of people and skill set for augmenting existing capacities.
- Plan mechanism for acquiring people and skill sets for addressing climate change.
- Identification of funding sources for implementing the plan
- Training needs assessment and Training Partners.
Activities: Under Capacity BuildingProgramme:-
- Assisting the State government in implementation and monitoring of State Action plan on Climate change (SAPCC) and projects approved under MOEF, GOI other central Ministry.
- Assisting in preparation of State specific Strategies for Mitigation, Adaptation, Loss and Damage related to climate change.
- Coordinating with other state departments for implementation of SAPCC strategies, preparation of appropriate projects, identifying avenues for funding and leveraging resources for implementation.
- Serve as a Secretariat providing services to State steering / expert Committee on Climate Change.
- Preparation of project reports, utilization certificate, expenditure statement etc.
- Organizing of meeting, Workshop, Training, programme, Information Dissemination and preparation of scientific and technical reports on climate change.
- Review and help in the monitoring of projects submitted by different departments on addressing climate change.
- Assist to facilitate review and revision of SAPCC as and when needed.