The main objectives of the Strategic Knowledge Mission Center is to address challenges and implications of climate change with a focus on climate-sensitive and vulnerable sectors in short and long-term scenarios and to take state-specific mitigation initiatives. It has, therefore, been proposed that Climate Change Cell shall articulate and act as a functional knowledge center, catering to the information and knowledge needs of policymakers, the scientific community, and the general public on climate change issues through tailor-made outreach programmes and initiatives
- Creating CC Information Bank and Strengthening Knowledge Network
- Enhancing CC Knowledge Access & information sharing
- Documentation and dissemination of strategic CC knowledge.
- R&D initiatives in collaboration with Research Institutes and Universities.
- Technology identification and pilot-scale demonstration.
- Capacity building of various stakeholders.
- Development of target-specific resource material including educational multi-media CDs and video films.
- Integrating Climate Change concerns in the policies and programmes
- Monitoring and Evaluation of CC programmes implemented through various stakeholders.
- Review and realigning of objectives through mid-course evaluation.